Quality Assurance Engineer, New Graduate
CoreFiling is currently seeking graduates with a good eye for detail and a keen interest in software to join our QA team. We have a reputation for quality, which we want to maintain as we grow. As part of the QA team you’ll work with both the product development and professional services teams. Liaising with developers and consultants, you’ll provide valuable feedback on our products, bespoke software and other deliverables such as documentation, automated validation rules and online services. You’ll be involved in the full software development lifecycle and contribute to the continuous improvement of our high-quality software and services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creative testing of web applications, Java APIs and desktop applications under active development
- Diagnosis, reporting and tracking of quality issues
- Verifying the resolution of quality issues
- Ensuring that user requirements have been met
- Maintaining user documentation
This is a vital role and to succeed you will need to have plenty of ingenuity, persistence and imagination.
- Very thorough and able to quickly understand complex requirements
- Able to provide critical advice to your colleagues in a diplomatic manner
- Not afraid to make recommendations to improve processes
- Analytical and methodical in your approach to new problems
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
You will have:
- Excellent academic qualifications – 1st or 2:1, in a numerate or scientific subject from a leading university
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A keen eye for quality
The following skills and experience will be beneficial but not essential:
- Experience with XML and/or Java
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com, including your name and the job title in the header. Please attach your CV and a covering letter outlining what makes you the ideal candidate for your chosen role.