Magnify® product releases
The latest version of Magnify is 2.29.2 released on 7 October 2016. Key changes in this release are:
- Added US-GAAP 2016 taxonomies to those bundled with the EDGAR Renderer. This allows the SEC Preview view to be used with US-GAAP 2016 filings. The version of the Renderer used by Magnify does not match that currently deployed by the SEC. In particular it does not support Inline XBRL.
- Fixed NullPointerException that could arise when using a taxonomy that contains generic labels with no role.
Download Magnify 2.29.2
Version 2.29.1 released 31 August 2016
- Fixed bug where Magnify would not start up after upgrading from 2.28.0.
Download Magnify 2.29.1
Version 2.29.0 released 26 August 2016
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.10.0. This adds validation for Solvency II EIOPA version 2.1.0, entry points for versions 2.4.1 and 2.5.0 of the CRD IV taxonomy, and missing validation for Solvency II EIOPA 1.7.(b) (Implication of no facts for an indicated template). Each of these features requires a licence that supports the relevant feature of the True North European Filing Rules Validation Module.
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.20.0 (XII Formula licence only). This adds support for the Assertion Severity 1.0 specification (Recommendation 19 April 2016).
- The schema and linkbase defined in the Assertion Severity 1.0 specification, and the schema defined in Extensible Enumerations 1.0 (Recommendation 30 October 2014), are now built into Magnify.
Download Magnify 2.29.0
Version 2.28.0 released 1 August 2016
- Improved performance of the Inline XBRL browser on initial loading of an instance and when switching between the browser and other instance tables.
- Large text blocks are truncated in the text tab of the fact inspector in order to avoid poor performance. The HTML tab is rendered in full.
- Fixed a bug where the iXBRL browser would unnecessarily scroll when toggling fact highlighting.
- Updated the Sphinx Validation Module to version 2.5.0 (Sphinx licence only).
Download Magnify 2.28.0
Version 2.27.0 released 22 July 2016
- Introduced support for Inline XBRL documents using the XII Transformation Rules Registry 3 and the transformations defined by the SEC in the EDGAR Filer Manual v37.
- Magnify will now open Inline XBRL documents that use unsupported transformations, reporting non-fatal errors.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to use the 2016 list of permitted taxonomies.
- Improved performance of the Inline XBRL browser for some documents.
Download Magnify 2.27.0
Version 2.26.0 released 4 July 2016
- Introduced support for viewing instance tables in right-to-left mode.
- Added support for displaying values denominated in the Israeli new shekel.
Download Magnify 2.26.0
Version 2.25.0 released 22 June 2016
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.9.0 which includes support for the Solvency II Validation Module for Belgium (BE) and the CRD IV Validation Modules for Belgium (BE), Germany (DE), France (FR) and Ireland (IE). It also adds validation of ISIN instrument codes in accordance with ISO 6166 and fixes a bug in the validation of multiple currencies in the CRD IV EBA Validation Module. This feature requires a licence that supports the relevant feature of the True North European Filing Rules Validation Module.
- All settings for the True North European Filing Rules Validation Module can now be found on a single European Filing Rules preference page.
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.20.0 (XII Formula licence only). This includes bug fixes and memory optimizations in the underlying XPath processor.
- Magnify can now open and install taxonomy packages based on the 2016-04-19 Recommendation specification.
Download Magnify 2.25.0
Version 2.24.0 released 25 May 2016
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v36. This adds new rules in section 6.12 and 6.26 related to rendering.
- The XBRL US Consistency Checks now offer US GAAP 2016 support. This is now the default.
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.8.0 which includes support for version 2.1 of the UK Solvency II validation rules.
- Introduced additional option to select the version of filing rules for the Solvency II UK Validation Module and CRD IV EBA Validation Module. This feature requires a licence that supports the relevant feature of the True North European Filing Rules Validation Module.
Download Magnify 2.24.0
Version 2.23.0 released 1 April 2016
- Final releases of the US GAAP 2016 and SEC 2016 taxonomies are now bundled with Magnify.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to incorporate the 2016 edition of the list of standard taxonomy schemas and linkbases permitted in SEC filings. Magnify 2.22.0 incorporated the 2015 list but also allowed the draft 2016 taxonomies to be used.
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.7.2. This fixes an issue with entity code validation in the True North Solvency II EIOPA Validation Module.
- Updated the Sphinx Validation Module to version 2.4.0 (Sphinx licence only).
Download Magnify 2.23.0
Version 2.22.0 released 29 January 2016
- Updated the bundled taxonomies to include draft US GAAP 2016 and SEC 2016 taxonomies. At the time of writing, these taxonomies are not yet accepted by the SEC. EDGAR Filer Manual validation of instances that use the draft taxonomies is enabled.
- Updated True North Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.10. This improves the expansion of open nodes to eliminate more unwanted empty rows from the resulting tables. Note that this may result in minor differences to the order of the expanded nodes.
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.7.0. This updates CRD IV UK Validation to version 1.1 of the FCA filing rules.
- Magnify can now open and install taxonomy packages based on the 2015-12-09 Proposed Recommendation specification.
- Fix NullPointerException when opening a taxonomy package with no catalog. This bug affected taxonomy packages based on the 2015-01-14 Public Working Draft specification or later.
Download Magnify 2.22.0
Version 2.21.0 released 18 December 2015
- Users with licences enabling the Solvency II EIOPA Filing Rules Validation Module now have access to two Additional Validation options. Solvency II EIOPA Validation provides validation against version 2.0.1 of EIOPA's filing rules for full scope reporting, and Solvency II EIOPA Preparatory Validation provides validation against version 1.2 of EIOPA's filing rules for preparatory scope reporting.
- Introduced Solvency II UK and Solvency II IE validation modules (relevant licence required).
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.6.1.
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.18.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Added support for the xfi:concept-label function from the XBRL Functions Registry.
- Added support for the Assertion Severities Specification (Proposed Recommendation 18 November 2015). This allows the severity of an xbrl.xiif.AssertionUnsatisfied issue to be specified in the Formula linkbase.
- The fact-typed-dimension-value function is now supported for all simple-typed typed dimensions in RESTRICTED_NAVIGATION mode. Previously this was only supported for xs:string. This allows the Solvency II 2.0.1 taxonomy to be used in RESTRICTED_NAVIGATION mode.
Download Magnify 2.21.0
Version 2.20.0 released 27 November 2015
- Added the ability to cancel operations that rearrange large instance tables.
- Instance tables can now be exported in Excel 2007 .xlsx format as well as the older Excel 97-2003 .xls format. The newer format is the default.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v34. This revises rule 6.5.12 so that duplicate facts are permitted if their values are equal.
- SEC Preview has been updated to use the EDGAR Renderer v220.127.116.114, matching the version currently deployed by the SEC. This requires a 64-bit edition of Windows.
- The XII Formula duplicate handling option "Allow duplicates only if they differ by language" has been replaced by "Allow duplicates arising due to common taxonomy architecture decisions". This allows duplicates that differ by language, and also those that are children of the same tuple (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.17.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.4.1. This validates that the the unit for a non-monetary item is xbrli:pure.
- Updated True North Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.9.1.
- The LRR 2014 taxonomy is now built into Magnify. It was previously bundled as a taxonomy package.
- Fix IllegalArgumentException when exporting all tables in Excel format from some Solvency II filings.
Download Magnify 2.20.0
Version 2.19.2 released 30 October 2015
- Fixed an issue generating SEC Previews that affected Magnify installs for "All Users" and other install paths containing special characters. This was introduced in Magnify 2.19.0.
Download Magnify 2.19.2
Version 2.19.1 released 9 October 2015
- Fixed bug where exporting Instance Tables to Excel used too many different cell formats. This fixes an error when opening the Excel file in Microsoft Excel and improves the performance of opening the document.
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.16.1. This fixes two issues affecting use of the Solvency II 2.0.1 CR taxonomy when the XII Formula "XPath Navigation Mode" is set to "Restricted Mode" (XII Formula licence only).
Download Magnify 2.19.1
Version 2.19.0 released 4 September 2015
- SEC Preview has been updated to use the EDGAR Renderer v18.104.22.1687, matching the version currently deployed by the SEC. This requires a 64-bit edition of Windows.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.16.1 (XII Formula licence only).
Download Magnify 2.19.0
Version 2.18.1 released 13 August 2015
- Fixed bug where Magnify claimed to support an unreleased version of Sphinx.
- Ignore remappings that conflict only with internal remappings when opening taxonomy packages.
Download Magnify 2.18.1
Version 2.18.0 released 5 August 2015
- Introduced support for validating EIOPA filing rules for the Solvency II taxonomy. This feature requires a licence that supports the relevant feature of the True North European Filing Rules Validation Module.
- Updated True North European Filing Rules Validation Module to version 3.4.0. Previously allocated licences for True North European Filing Rules Validation Module version 2 will still enable the appropriate modules.
- Magnify can now open and install taxonomy packages based on the 2015-01-14 Public Working Draft specification.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.16.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v33. US GAAP 2013 and associated taxonomies are no longer considered valid for submissions to the SEC. There are no other changes to the validation rules.
- The XBRL US Consistency Checks now offer US GAAP 2015 support. This is now the default.
Download Magnify 2.18.0
Version 2.17.3 released 10 June 2015
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.15.3. This fixes an error where a consistency assertion error was incorrectly raised when a negative value was used with a proportional acceptance radius. (XII Formula licence only).
Download Magnify 2.17.3
Version 2.17.2 released 15 May 2015
- Improved responsiveness of tables with large vertically spanning cells.
- Fixed "Use of Deprecated Concepts" check to include concepts deprecated in US GAAP 2015.
Download Magnify 2.17.2
Version 2.17.1 released 22 April 2015
- Fixed bug where Magnify claimed to support an unreleased version of Sphinx.
Download Magnify 2.17.1
Version 2.17.0 released 17 April 2015
- The iXBRL browser now indicates when text in iXBRL 1.1 documents is surrounded by multiple nested fact or footnote tags. When the selected element lies inside more than one fact, the dropdown in the Fact Inspector can be used to switch between them. Parts of the browser's context menu have been moved to a new global Fact menu, which acts on the fact currently displayed in the Fact Inspector.
- Continuations in iXBRL 1.1 documents are now highlighted in the iXBRL browser. Selecting a continuation is equivalent to selecting the fact or footnote it continues. Indicators for issues and comments on each fact or footnote are displayed on its continuations as well.
- XBRL references can now be included in reports.
- Final releases of the US GAAP 2015 and SEC 2015 taxonomies are now bundled with Magnify.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to incorporate the 2015 edition of the list of standard taxonomy schemas and linkbases permitted in SEC filings. Magnify 2.16.0 incorporated the 2014 list but also allowed the draft 2015 taxonomies to be used.
- The iXBRL browser supports copying text using the toolbar or context menu.
- Improved the rendering of instance tables on retina-class displays in Windows.
- Magnify now understands that XII Formula error codes can contain dots, and no longer puts the first part of the code in the Error Type column.
- When XII Formula assertions are disabled due to the use of a blacklist or whitelist, the Checklist view conveys that they have not run instead of making it look as if they passed.
Download Magnify 2.17.0
Version 2.16.0 released 23 January 2015
- Introduced support for the Extensible Enumerations specification. Both the Proposed Recommendation (26 March 2014) and Recommendation (29 October 2014) are supported. The Extensible Enumeration schemas are now built in to Magnify, so the use of taxonomy packages containing them is unnecessary. Validation results are shown in the checklist in the "Extensible Enumerations" subsection under "Specification Conformance". The validation is enabled by default, but can be disabled in the preferences.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v29. There are no changes to the validation rules.
- Updated the bundled taxonomies to include draft US GAAP 2015 and SEC 2015 taxonomies. At the time of writing, these taxonomies are not yet accepted by the SEC.
- SEC Preview has been updated to use the SEC Personal Renderer v22.214.171.124 as downloaded on 2015-01-19.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.15.2 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated the Sphinx Validation Module to version 2.2.0 (Sphinx licence only).
Download Magnify 2.16.0
Version 2.15.0 released 28 November 2014
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v28. There are no changes to the validation rules.
- Updated HMRC Joint Filing Common Validation Checks rules to version 2.0.1. This matches the 2.0 specification from HMRC.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.15.0 (XII Formula licence only). This provides performance improvements resulting in savings of approximately 10% of heap used by the XII Formula processor for large instances, and up to 20% of time spent processing XII Formula for large instances where heap space is a limiting factor.
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.7.0 (Table Linkbase licence only). This provides performance improvements resulting in a time saving of up to 50% when opening Table Linkbase tables once the instance has loaded.
- Updated EBA and FCA Filing Rules to version 2.3.0 (EBA and FCA Validation Module licences only). This adds support for the EBA SHOULD rules. Also, the EBA and FCA modules can now be provided with details of the permitted entry points via an XML file configured in the Magnify Preferences. If provided, the start date and end date are validated as part of EBA rule 1.5.
- Strict duplicate validation is now disabled by default, based on discussion with the EBA (EBA and FCA Validation Module licences only).
- Pool more content when loading documents, resulting in a saving of up to 8% of heap size.
- Reverted to the Magnify 2.12.0 handling of dimensional tables. The main tables in the Instance Contents view are no longer split by their facts' reported dimensions. The smaller tables are available as children of the main tables and can be useful when the main table is large or sparse. Only the main tables are used when exporting all tables and when grouping facts in Reports. Tables previously labelled "no breakdown" are now labelled "No Dimensions".
- When exporting instance tables to HTML or Excel, all facts for a table can now be exported in one operation using "Export Entire Table". The table is repeated as necessary to show the values for fixed dimensions and the Z-axis of table linkbase tables that are not shown on screen at the time. The "Export as Shown" right-click option exports only the arrangement visible in Magnify.
- Dimensionally invalid cells in grids are given a grey background.
- All empty data cells in grids have explanatory tooltips.
- The schemas for Extensible Enumerations 1.0 PR and REC are now built into Magnify.
- Fixed bug where footnote links in instance documents were not checked when validating against EDGAR Filer Manual rule 6.9.3.
- Fixed bug where, when deselecting a row in a tree or table linked with an editor, the editor would display the deselected row. It now displays the first selected row instead.
- When more than one issue cause is selected in the Issues view, Magnify highlights all causes in the grid instead of only the first cause.
- In the Quality Checks section of the Checklist view, clarified that the Label Overrides check applies to extensions of all US GAAP versions. This has always been the case, but the checklist did not say so.
- In file dialogs, the All Files filter now matches filenames that do not contain dots.
Download Magnify 2.15.0
Version 2.14.1 released 9 September 2014
- Added version qualifier to com.corefiling.woodstox plugin to prevent errors during upgrade.
Download Magnify 2.14.1
Version 2.14.0 released 5 September 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.14.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.6.0. This contains performance improvements that reduce the time taken to open instances with table linkbases in Magnify, resulting in a typical saving of 10-15 seconds for moderately-sized (50-100M) CRD IV and Solvency II instances, with larger savings for larger instances. (Table Linkbase licence only)
- Updated EBA and FCA Filing Rules to version 2.2.1. This adds the entry points from the CRDIV 2.1.0 taxonomy to the set of acceptable entry point URIs validated by EBA rule 1.5. (EBA and FCA Validation Module licences only).
- Magnify now caches the Saxon schema model in its workspace the first time an instance that references a particular taxonomy is opened. With both XII Formula and Table Linkbase enabled, this results in a typical saving for Solvency II instances of up to 20 seconds of load time when opening the first instance and up to 40 seconds when opening subsequent instances that use the same taxonomy. Similar savings are seen for CRD IV instances.
- Added a "Footnotes" column to the available columns for fact-based reports.
- The "Component" column in the Issues View now displays the XML ID for issue causes that have no component name set.
- EDGAR Filer Manual validation for 6.10.9 is now correctly applied to dimension concepts.
- Using Show In > View Source from the context menu of the Fact Inspector when inspecting duplicate facts now places the cursor at the location of the fact selected in the dropdown list.
- Taxonomy validation results are now cached in the workspace on a per-taxonomy basis, meaning that the validation is no longer performed anew when subsequent instances are opened that use the same taxonomy.
Download Magnify 2.14.0
Version 2.13.0 released 28 July 2014
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.4.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Unsaved changes are now indicated with a "*" in the application title.
- XII Formula validation is now able to load documents via XPath. This can be disabled using the "Enable XPath document loading" option under Validation > XII Formula in the preferences.
- Fixed issue where "Facts with Relationship Tree" reports could include repeated information as they unintentionally took into account the tables in presentation mode which could be split by dimensions used.
- Fixed bug introduced in Magnify 2.1.0 where reloading an instance after stopping comparing to another instance caused the comparison to be restarted.
- Fixed bug preventing review of instance documents that reference a taxonomy as a file on a different Windows drive to the instance.
- Improvements to display of headers in the grid.
Download Magnify 2.13.0
Version 2.12.2 released 16 June 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.13.0.
- Added support for the 2011-10-24 errata edition of the Generic Labels specification. Previous versions of Magnify supported the 2009-06-22 version of this specification and would raise xbrl.gnl.xbrlgene:violatedCyclesConstraint error with the 2.1.0 version of the CRD IV taxonomy. Additional validation is also performed and error xbrl.gnl.NoXMLLangAttributeOnGenericLabel is now raised for generic label elements without an xml:lang attribute.
- Introduced a new option to configure the behaviour of XII Formula validation when encountering duplicate facts. Duplicate facts are not XBRL invalid but are typically considered to be reporting errors, except in the case where they are string facts differentiated by language. They can lead to extremely poor performance in evaluation and confusing validation results. Magnify's default behaviour has changed to only allow processing a formula or assertion involving duplicate facts if they differ in language. The previous behaviour can be restored using the "Duplicate Handling" option under Validation > XII Formula in the preferences.
Download Magnify 2.12.2
Version 2.12.1 released 20 June 2014
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v27 with support for US GAAP 2014.
- Added US GAAP 2014 and and associated SEC taxonomies and no longer bundle US GAAP 2012.
- SEC Preview has been updated to use the SEC Personal Renderer v126.96.36.199.2014.
- The XBRL US Consistency Checks now offer US GAAP 2014 support. This is now the default. Support for US GAAP 2011 has been removed.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.12.3. This fixes a bug affecting the default "Restricted Navigation" mode whereby XPath expressions referencing custom attributes on facts might evaluate incorrectly. For these attributes the data type was not available, so tests on the attribute value could return the wrong result. Where possible the data type is now correctly applied. In some situations this is not possible and in these cases the RetrictedXPathNavigation error is now raised. The issue has existed since "Restricted Navigation" mode was introduced in Magnify 2.10.0. For Eurofiling taxonomies, this bug caused misinterpretation of preconditions when the optional find:filed attribute was used on find:filingIndicator items, causing formula validation to be bypassed. The issue did not affect "Full" XPath mode.
Download Magnify 2.12.1
Version 2.12.0 released 13 June 2014
- Introduced support for validating Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) XBRL Filing Rules for the CRD IV taxonomy. This validation module includes the relevant EBA validation, so only one of the EBA or FCA modules should be enabled. Enable this module via Preferences > Additional Validation. Use of this module requires the relevant licence.
- The XII Formula checklist now shows details of each assertion structured by the grouping of tables in the taxonomy. This structure uses "http://www.eurofiling.info/xbrl/arcrole/applies-to-table" relationships where available (currently, only in the CRD IV taxonomy).
- Selecting an issue in the Issues View now highlights the relevant facts in the instance grid. Causes of issues are now shown as a tree under the relevant issues. The "Component" column now shows the variable name causes of XII Formula issues.
- Introduced a preference Validation > European Filing Rules > Use Strict Duplicate Validation. When set to the default of true, EBA and FCA validation will issue MultipleFactsInFilingIndicatorError when a filing indicator tuple contains multiple filing indicators as they are duplicate facts by the EBA's definition. It can be set to false to avoid this error.
- Labels with the role "http://www.eurofiling.info/xbrl/role/rc-code" are now shown in table linkbase tables in an extra row/column. This can be disabled using the new "Display RC Labels" preference on the Table Linkbase preference page.
- There are now two Table Linkbase modes: "Table Linkbase" which now shows only tables with Eurofiling filing indicators (including them even if empty) and "Table Linkbase (all tables)" which shows all tables regardless of filing indicators and including any empty tables. If no filing indicators are used in an instance then all non-empty tables are shown in "Table Linkbase" mode.
- Facts that are not in any Table Linkbase table are now shown in separate "Items" tables in the Instance Contents view.
- Table Linkbase renderings have been improved to use L-shaped cells for roll-up nodes and avoid repeating heading label text.
- The generic parent-child arcrole "http://www.xbrl.org/2013/arcrole/parent-child" is now supported for determining the hierarchy of Table Linkbase tables shown in the Instance Contents view. Magnify continues to use the Eurofiling group-table arcrole if present.
Download Magnify 2.12.0
Version 2.11.2 released 30 May 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.12.2. This fixes a bug introduced in 1.9.0 of the XII Formula processor which was first included with Magnify in version 2.9.0. Too many evaluations were performed when implicit filtering was on and an explicit dimension filter that defined a filter-member network was attached to a variable set using a variable-set-filter relationship. It can manifest as spurious errors when processing recent Full Scope drafts of the Solvency II taxonomy but not the CRD-IV taxonomy. (XII Formula licence only).
Download Magnify 2.11.2
Version 2.11.1 released 23 May 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.12.1. This improves performance in "Restricted Navigation" XPath processing mode for instances containing a large number of namespace declarations. In some cases processing time has been reduced by over 75%. For these inputs processing in restricted XPath mode was previously slower than in Full XPath processing mode. Now these, and all other known inputs, are processed faster in restricted XPath mode. (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.3.0. This improves performance when performing EBA Filing Rules validation (Table Linkbase licence only).
Download Magnify 2.11.1
Version 2.11.0 released 2 May 2014
- Magnify now includes support for validating documents against the EBA Filing Rules (21 March 2014 edition). This feature requires a licence that supports the True North EBA Validation Module version 2.0.
- Introduced the ability to navigate from an issue in the Issues View to any of its causes.
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 1.2.2 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Magnify now ships with Java 8.
- Where possible, labels are used when displaying QName fact values.
- Improved performance of DTS Files view for taxonomies containing thousands of files.
- When opening a Table Linkbase table with a Z-axis and choosing a slice to display, Magnify now chooses a slice that contains some facts instead of always choosing the first slice.
- In the Related Facts view, new saved searches now appear at the top of the dropdown list instead of the bottom.
Download Magnify 2.11.0
Version 2.10.1 released 26 March 2014
- Updated the Table Linkbase processor to version 1.2.0. This release adds support for the 2014-03-18 recommendation of the Table Linkbase 1.0 specification and includes further performance improvements.
- Updated default value for XBRL Formula message limits to 1000 overall and 100 per assertion.
Download Magnify 2.10.1
Version 2.10.0 released 21 March 2014
- Introduced new preferences to control the number of XBRL Formula messages returned from validation. The default is now a maximum of 50 XBRL Formula messages overall and 50 from any one assertion.
- The instance grid now shows issue markers against all facts associated with an XBRL Formula issue and the issues can be found from all relevant facts.
- Introduced preferences for whitelist and blacklist files that can be used to limit the XBRL Formula assertions that are performed.
- Introduced the ability to configure the XPath navigation mode used for XBRL Formula validation. The default mode now restricts the XPath navigation that can be performed. This offers performance improvements for some documents.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.11.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 1.1.0. This release significantly improves the performance of processing large instance documents. (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Fix NullPointerException when collapsing multiple tree nodes in certain circumstances.
Download Magnify 2.10.0
Version 2.9.0 released 21 February 2014
- Values of particular facts (configurable with a system property) are now used as friendly names for instances in the Related Facts view (Multi-Document licence only), the Report Results view, and optionally in window title bars.
- When a taxonomy organises Table Linkbase tables into a tree using the arcrole http://www.eurofiling.info/xbrl/arcrole/group-table and the standard role, this tree is visible in the Instance Contents view (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Significantly improved speed and memory use when opening some very large instances. For some instances, the required heap was reduced by over 40% and opening time was halved.
- Reduced the time taken to open some large tables by approximately 90%.
- Magnify is now built on Eclipse 3.8.2.
- Magnify now supports the 2013-11-18 recommendation (REC) of Inline XBRL 1.1. The 2013-05-31 public working draft (PWD) is no longer supported.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v26. There are no changes to the validation rules.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.9.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 1.0.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- The Group selection component in the Relationships view has been overhauled to work better with taxonomies that use thousands of groups.
- Added a menu item to the Fact Inspector which shows or hides defaulted dimensions.
- When revealing a fact in a non-Table Linkbase table where one or more dimensions are fixed to members that do not match the fact, Magnify no longer unfixes those dimensions but instead fixes them to members that match the fact. This matches the behaviour of Table Linkbase tables.
- Added preference to enable custom assertion messages in XII Formula validation (XII Formula licence only).
- Add an optional Location column to the Comments view.
- Added the arcrole http://www.xbrl.org/2013/arcrole/parent-child to the bundled XBRL LRR taxonomy package.
- Fixed bug in the Windows installer where installation would continue after the Cancel button was pressed.
- Fixed bug where new windows did not properly inherit the layout of other windows.
- Fixed exception thrown when double-clicking on a resource element in the Tree Locations tab.
- Fixed bug where cached validation results were lost on restarting Magnify, leading to taxonomies being revalidated unnecessarily.
- Remove the limit on heap size in 64-bit builds.
Download Magnify 2.9.0
Version 2.8.1 released 10 January 2014
- Fixed discrepancy between the HMRC gateway validation and the HMRC Joint Filing Common Validation Checks. The definition of existence has been refined to exclude cases where an item is reported with no content (where this is appropriate).
Download Magnify 2.8.1
Version 2.8.0 released 20 December 2013
- Introduced new "Multi-Document" licence component, which gives access to new features for working more easily with multiple open documents.
- Introduced new "Related Facts" view, which can be used to compare similar facts in multiple open documents (Multi-Document licence only).
- Added the option to run a Facts or Facts by Table report against all open documents simultaneously (Multi-Document licence only).
- Introduced new "Filters" tab in report editors. This allows a report's results to be restricted to a list of named concepts.
- Added the ability to organise report results into columns by criteria other than Period.
- It is now possible to select multiple documents at once when using the Browse button in the Open dialog. Each document selected in this way is opened in a separate window.
- The XBRL Units Registry (UTR) v1.0 now has Recommendation status.
- Added a Table Linkbase section under Specification Conformance in the Checklist view (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Fixed exception thrown by Magnify 2.7.0 when running a report last saved by any older version of Magnify.
- Fixed bug where double-clicking on a fact in an Inline XBRL browser view would open the Fact Inspector but fail to display the fact. This bug was introduced in Magnify 2.6.0.
- Fixed exceptions that occurred when clicking in the Compare view.
Download Magnify 2.8.0
Version 2.7.0 released 22 November 2013
- Comments can now be added to arbitrary text selections in Inline XBRL browser views.
- When dimensions are fixed or moved to another axis in a table defined in a table linkbase, Magnify now remembers the table's state for next time it is opened (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.11.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- The Columns tab in editors for fact-based reports has been redesigned to make room for future enhancements.
- Fixed bug where Magnify needlessly prevented users from having two entry points from the same taxonomy package open at the same time.
- Fixed bug where reloading an instance after making external changes sometimes caused Magnify to lock up.
- When the Comments view is in Comments for Selection mode and a new comment is added to the selected object, the mode no longer changes to All Comments.
- Extremely long strings in tables are no longer displayed as blanks.
Download Magnify 2.7.0
Version 2.6.0 released 11 October 2013
- Magnify now includes support for validating documents against the Irish Revenue Validation Rules version 1.2.0.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v25. There are no changes to the validation rules.
- Updated HMRC Joint Filing Common Validation Checks support to match version 1.1.6.
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.10.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Fixed bug introduced in Magnify 2.3.0 where comment markers in Inline XBRL browser views were hidden behind yellow highlights.
- Fixed bug where report results that could have been presented on the same row were split across multiple rows when Dimensions (one per column) and Values by Period were both in use.
- The XBRL UTR taxonomy package is now enabled by default. This change only affects workspaces where the Installed Taxonomies preferences have never been edited.
Download Magnify 2.6.0
Version 2.5.0 released 2 September 2013
- Magnify is now supported on Windows 8.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v24.
- A 64-bit build of Magnify is now available. This can make use of more than the 1GB of RAM to which 32-bit builds are limited, which will often be required when working with Eurofiling instances and taxonomies. Note that the 64-bit build does not support rendering of iXBRL.
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.9.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Substantially improved the speed of opening various documents which require table linkbase processing.
- Upgraded the bundled JRE to 1.6.0_45.
- Fixed duplicate display of label types in the context menu of the Label Overrides view.
Download Magnify 2.5.0
Version 2.4.1 released 16 August 2013
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.8.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.8.1 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Table Linkbase validation and instance tables can now be disabled via the preferences dialog (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Fixed exception opening Inline XBRL documents with references to entities declared in the file's doctype.
Download Magnify 2.4.1
Version 2.4.0 released 19 July 2013
- Introduced support for the 2013-05-31 PWD version of the Inline XBRL 1.1 specification (iXBRL 1.1 licence only).
- Introduced new expanding column "Dimensions (one per column)" for reports. In each results tab, this creates a separate column for each dimension that has a non-default value for at least one result in the tab.
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.8.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.7.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- SEC Preview has been updated to use the SEC Personal Renderer v188.8.131.52.
- Speed performance improvement when validating instances with a large number of hypercubes.
- Improved performance in the Checklist and Issues views for filings that contain a large number of issues with near-identical text.
- Fixed bug where fractions were not highlighted correctly in Inline XBRL browser views.
- Fixed bug where unwanted whitespace was displayed around the names of taxonomy package entry points in the File menu and Open dialog.
- Fixed bug introduced in Magnify 2.0.0 where the Filters preview on the Colors and Fonts preference page did not display correctly.
Download Magnify 2.4.0
Version 2.3.1 released 14 June 2013
- Fixed bug where the relationship tree and dimensions view were unusably slow when viewing the recent COREP draft taxonomy.
Download Magnify 2.3.1
Version 2.3.0 released 7 June 2013
- The default for the "Hide square bracket suffixes on labels" has been changed so that these suffixes are visible by default. Users of US GAAP and UK GAAP may wish to enable this preference in the "Instance Presentation" section in order to reduce clutter in labels.
- Introduced support for 2013-05-17 PWD version of the Table Linkbase 1.0 specification. Users with the relevant licence will see a "Table Linkbase" mode as the default in the Instance Contents view. This corresponds to version 0.7.0 of the True North Table Linkbase Processor. (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Introduced new report type "Facts by Table with Relationship Tree". This gives a tab per table, with the facts ordered according as per the "Primary Items" in the table.
- Introduced a right-click menu option "Show Preferred Label Types" in instance grids. When this option is enabled, Magnify displays the preferred label role in brackets after labels in the grid.
- Fixed members of dimensions are now displayed at the top of the instance grid.
- Reduced the sensitivity of document order compare mode to dimensional changes.
- Added a "Tables" column to the compare output listing the tables the item appears in.
- The XBRL US Consistency Checks now offer US GAAP 2013 support. This is now the default.
- Improved performance of filtering in the Compare view.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.6.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Fixed bug where taxonomy packages installed in Magnify did not work correctly when the Magnify workspace path contained the character "!".
- Fix bug in behaviour of "Values by Period" introduced in Magnify 2.2.0. This meant that items with explicit dimensions would show as separate rows rather than using the available period columns.
- Fixed bug introduced in Magnify 2.2.0 where holding down the mouse button while moving the mouse within the grid in certain ways could result in an error dialog.
- Fixed issue where "Facts with Relationship Tree" reports did not use the network order for non-presentation networks.
- Fixed issue where the "Preferred Label Type" column in "Facts with Relationship Tree" reports used a more verbose description of the label role than other types of reports.
- Ensure iXBRL values can be selected for certain classes of documents which use absolute positioning of other elements over the items.
- Prevent the opening of taxonomy packages where the remappings in the package conflict with remappings configured in Magnify or from other open taxonomy packages.
- Fix blank compare view after closing and reopening during a comparison.
Download Magnify 2.3.0
Version 2.2.0 released 29 April 2013
- Introduced new report type "Compound Report". This allows multiple reports to be combined into one, with the results displayed in separate tabs. All the tabs can be exported to a single Excel file.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v23. At the time of writing, the latest advice from the SEC is that v23 will go live on 2013-05-20.
- Updated bundled taxonomies: Added US GAAP 2013 and and associated SEC taxonomies. At the time of writing, the latest advice from the SEC is that these will be confirmed as final on 2013-05-20. No longer bundle US GAAP 2009 and US GAAP 2011.
- Improved performance of EDGAR Filer Manual validation for large filings.
- The sort for the Value column in the Compare and Find views now sorts numbers numerically rather than always applying an alphabetical sort.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.5.1 (XII Formula licence only).
- Fixed bug where the "View Item Type" dialog displayed the wrong, or no, namespace for certain types.
- Fixed NullPointerException triggered by DOCTYPE declarations when attempting to load such a file as XBRL.
Download Magnify 2.2.0
Version 2.1.1 released 25 March 2013
- Fixed bug with the formatting of numbers in the export of an SEC preview.
- Fixed bug with the licensing for XII Formula (XII Formula licence only).
Download Magnify 2.1.1
Version 2.1.0 released 15 March 2013
- Magnify now includes support for validating XBRL instances against the XBRL Units Registry (UTR) v1.0 (Proposed Recommendation). This check is required by EDGAR Filer Manual validation for US GAAP 2012 and later taxonomies.
- Instances can now be reloaded in compare mode without exiting compare.
- Reports displaying values by period can now be sorted by document order.
- Fixes OutOfMemoryError for some comparisons when using document order compare mode.
- Fixes remappings bug affecting users opening more than one taxonomy package at once.
Download Magnify 2.1.0
Version 2.0.0 released 1 February 2013
- This is the first release in the 2.x release series, and requires a new licence file.
- New Reports menu, providing the ability to define and run custom reports on instances and taxonomies. Reports can be flagged as favourites, for direct access from the Reports menu, and results can be exported to Excel.
- New "Document Order" compare mode for reviewing the differences between two instances, even where reporting periods and namespaces differ. This is the default mode for Inline XBRL, but can also be selected for XBRL.
- Updated EDGAR Filer Manual support to match v22.
- The XBRL US Consistency Checks now use US GAAP 2012 by default.
Download Magnify 2.0.0