A new major version of SpiderMonkey is now available. For information on the new features in SpiderMonkey 2, and details on how to upgrade, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance releases of SpiderMonkey 1 will continue to be made available. The latest version of SpiderMonkey 1 is 1.35.12 released on 24 April 2015. Key changes in this release are:
- The US GAAP 2015 and SEC 2015 taxonomies are now bundled with SpiderMonkey.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.12
Version 1.35.10 released 20 June 2014
- Added US GAAP 2014 and and associated SEC taxonomies and no longer bundle US GAAP 2012.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.10
Version 1.35.9 released 10 January 2014
- Fixed bug in the Relationships view where pasting a tree structure that contained the same concept twice would paste its children twice. Note that this means that when pasting a tree structure where a concept appears twice under the same parent and the relationships from parent to child are equal except for their order attributes, the child will now be pasted only once. This bug was introduced in SpiderMonkey 1.21.0.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.9
Version 1.35.8 released 9 September 2013
- Fixed exception opening Inline XBRL documents with references to entities declared in the file's doctype.
- Upgraded the bundled JRE to 1.6.0_45.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.8
Version 1.35.7 released 26 July 2013
- Fix NullPointerException when creating hypercubes in the dimensions view.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.7
Version 1.35.5 released 14 June 2013
- Update XBRL Units Registry bundled taxonomy package to 2013-05-17.
- Ensure iXBRL values can be selected for certain classes of documents which use absolute positioning of other elements over the items.
- Fix NullPointerException creating an extension taxonomy without entering a base taxonomy location.
- Fixed bug where the relationship tree and dimensions view were unusably slow when viewing the recent COREP draft taxonomy.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.5
Version 1.35.4 released 29 April 2013
- Updated bundled taxonomies: Added US GAAP 2013 and and associated SEC taxonomies. At the time of writing, the latest advice from the SEC is that these will be confirmed as final on 2013-05-20. No longer bundle US GAAP 2009 and US GAAP 2011.
- Fixed NullPointerException triggered by DOCTYPE declarations when attempting to load such a file as XBRL.
- Fix remappings bug affecting users opening more than one taxonomy package at once. This did not affect taxonomy packages configured via the preferences.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.4
Version 1.35.3 released 25 March 2013
- SpiderMonkey now includes support for validating XBRL instances against the XBRL Units Registry (UTR) v1.0 (Proposed Recommendation). This check is required by EDGAR Filer Manual validation for US GAAP 2012 and later taxonomies.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.3
Version 1.35.2 released 8 February 2013
- Updated permitted currencies to account for the new ISO code for rebased Zambian Kwacha (ZMW)
- Significant performance improvement opening the Duplication Sets view for taxonomies with a very large number of networks.
- Fixed bugs where reloading documents after adding remappings could result in an error dialog referring to "Editing read only document" or "IllegalStateException".
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.2
Version 1.35.1 released 12 November 2012
- Update SpiderMonkey's internal copy of Xerces with patch for a bug detecting certain XML encodings (XERCESJ-1574). This first affected SpiderMonkey with the Xerces upgrade in 1.34.0.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.1
Version 1.35.0 released 14 September 2012
- The Find view Order column now respects iXBRL document order
- Added "Copy Full Error Code" to the Problems view right-click menu
- Added packages to the "Rules Navigation" dialog. (Rules licence only)
Download SpiderMonkey 1.35.0
Version 1.34.1 released 17 August 2012
- Support for Sphinx 2.0 (Sphinx 2 licence only)
- Improved ranking of search results in Find view
Download SpiderMonkey 1.34.1
Version 1.33.1 released 29 June 2012
- Fixed NullPointerException when typing to filter the Select Group dialog. This issue was introduced in SpiderMonkey 1.33.0.
- Fixed "Xtext validation" error dialog during rules editing when calling functions that have not yet been written. (Rules licence only)
Download SpiderMonkey 1.33.1
Version 1.33.0 released 22 June 2012
- Improved default column selection in the Find view: Matched Field and Matched Value are now hidden by default. In their place, we show Abstract, Type, Balance and Period Type for concepts and Dimensions and Tuples for facts.
- Column preferences are now preserved across restarts in all circumstances. On upgrading to this release column settings will revert to the defaults but future changes will be persisted.
- Fixed regression introduced in 1.30 that gives an error on refocusing the SpiderMonkey window after making an external edit in some circumstances.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.33.0
Version 1.32.0 released 11 May 2012
- Displays items from the ix:hidden section if iXBRL in a separate series of tables
- Document order column in the Find view to allow sorting of facts by the order they appear in the XBRL
- Tuple column in the Find view to allow items to be distinguished by their ancestor tuples
- Fixed bug where adding a remapping that was required to locate a schema after attempting to open the document would show an empty document even after reload until SpiderMonkey was restarted
Download SpiderMonkey 1.32.0
Version 1.31.1 released 3 April 2012
- Fix bug affecting iXBRL using XII Transformation Registry 2 transformations numcommadecimal, numdotdecimal and numunitdecimal combined with sign="-"
Download SpiderMonkey 1.31.1
Version 1.31.0 released 30 March 2012
- SpiderMonkey now bundles US GAAP 2012
- New option to display prohibited concepts in the Relationships view
- New option to display the prohibited labels of a concept
- Fix Ctrl-C copy in cell editors to copy the value rather than the row
- Fixed XBRL 2.1 compliance bug with custom locators in standard linkbase elements
Download SpiderMonkey 1.31.0
Version 1.30.0 released 17 February 2012
- Support for XII Formula validation is now available as an additional licensed component
- The taxonomies distributed with SpiderMonkey can now be seen on the "Installed Taxonomies" preference page
- The DTS Files view now shows the "Remapped To" column by default
- Fixed regression in SpiderMonkey 1.29.0 where the "Copy Location" right-click menu item in the Instances view copied a Java class name rather than the instance location
Download SpiderMonkey 1.30.0
Version 1.29.0 released 6 January 2012
- "Installed Taxonomies" preference page where users can configure taxonomy packages. Taxonomy packages provide local copies of public taxonomies. These improve performance and enable users to work offline without needing to manually configure remappings.
- All concept labels are now displayed in the Find view.
- Support for copy and paste within the tuple editor "Content" tab.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.29.0
Version 1.28.0 released 18 November 2011
- This version of SpiderMonkey will automatically migrate user data to %APPDATA%\CoreFiling\SpiderMonkey on first launch. This location enables SpiderMonkey to respect Windows policies relating to roaming profiles. After migration, the workspace will not be available to older versions of SpiderMonkey without additional configuration.
- SpiderMonkey now includes an internal copy of reference-2009-12-16.xsd.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.28.0
Version 1.27.0 released 7 October 2011
- Generic labels for group and resource roles are now displayed in SpiderMonkey
- Added support for exporting and opening taxonomy package files. These are ZIP files with metadata detailing remappings and entry points
- Support drag and drop of concepts from the Relationships, Dimensions and Find views into the rules editor
Download SpiderMonkey 1.27.0
Version 1.26.0 released 26 August 2011
- Added support for True North custom validation modules
- Support validation against the XBRL Generic Links 1.0, Generic Labels 1.0, and Generic References 1.0 specifications
- Display Inline XBRL ix:scale attribute in the Fact Inspector
- Fix bug where after cancelling a remappings edit, subsequent remappings changes would not be picked up by the tool even though they were displayed correctly in the preferences dialog.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.26.0
Version 1.25.1 released 21 July 2011
- Rules processor updated to version 1.2.1
Download SpiderMonkey 1.25.1
Version 1.25.0 released 15 July 2011
- Simplified "All Active Groups" setting in the Relationships view
- Groups created as part of "Create a Hypercube" are now marked as applying to presentation as well as dimensional relationships
- Added an "Applies To" column to the Roles and Groups views
Download SpiderMonkey 1.25.0
Version 1.24.1 released 24 June 2011
- Fix for bug where Remappings preferences were lost on upgrade to 1.24.0. Remappings will be restored provided none have been added in 1.24.0.
Download SpiderMonkey 1.24.1
Version 1.24.0 released 3 June 2011
- Fix bug where drag and drop editing was incorrectly enabled for base taxonomy tuples
Download SpiderMonkey 1.24.0
Version 1.23.0 released 21 April 2011
- Support opening of Inline XBRL Document Sets
- Various accessibility enhancements
Download SpiderMonkey 1.23.0
Version 1.22.0 released 11 March 2011
- Internal copy of the US GAAP 2011 taxonomy now included
- Remapping information now available in DTS Files view
- Dimensionally invalid instances can now be opened to aid diagnosis
Download SpiderMonkey 1.22.0
Version 1.21.0 released 28 January 2011
- SpiderMonkey created taxonomies no longer fail FRTA 4.2.5
- Fix bug where removed remappings were still used until a restart
- Fix bug affecting cut of a reference part followed by undo
Download SpiderMonkey 1.21.0
Version 1.20.0 released 10 December 2010
- The installer associates SpiderMonkey with the relevant file types
Download SpiderMonkey 1.20.0
Version 1.19.0 released 15 October 2010
- Defaults for Item Type and Period Type in the Create Element dialog
- Opening XBRL can now be cancelled
- Removed support for FRTA
Download SpiderMonkey 1.19.0
Version 1.18.0 released 3 September 2010
- Reference parts are displayed in document order
- View Change History table improvements (SpiderMonkey Enterprise only)
Download SpiderMonkey 1.18.0
Version 1.17.1 released 23 July 2010
- Fixes for proxy support
Download SpiderMonkey 1.17.1
Version 1.17.0 released 9 July 2010
- Problems view contents can now be exported to Excel
- Autosave performance improved for taxonomies with large files
- View Change History performance improvements (SpiderMonkey Enterprise only)
Download SpiderMonkey 1.17.0
Version 1.16.1 released 7 June 2010
- Fixes issue affecting use of 1.16.0 with repositories that restrict the SpiderMonkey versions that may be used (SpiderMonkey Enterprise only)
Download SpiderMonkey 1.16.1
Version 1.16.0 released 28 May 2010
- The Dimensions View, which simplifies creating dimensional taxonomies, is now open by default
- Performance improvements for Managed DTS
Download SpiderMonkey 1.16.0
Version 1.15.0 released 9 April 2010
- External changes to taxonomy files are now detected
- Touchstone's SEC Filings View is now available in SpiderMonkey
Download SpiderMonkey 1.15.0
Version 1.14.0 released 26 February 2010
- Additional columns available in Find View, including type, base item type, nillable, ID, and substitution group
- Preferred label column now visible by default
- Error code column in Problems View split into Error Type and Code for ease of filtering
Download SpiderMonkey 1.14.0
Version 1.13.0 released 15 January 2010
- Windows 64-bits builds available
- Support for custom extended link roles for labels and references
- Column filtering in Problems view
- Enhanced DTS Files view
Download SpiderMonkey 1.13.0
Version 1.12.2 released 18 December 2009
- Column filtering for Find Element view
- Improvements to Yeti collaboration environment
Download SpiderMonkey 1.12.2
Version 1.11.0 released 15 October 2009
- Integration with Yeti taxonomy collaboration environment (SpiderMonkey Professional and Enterprise only)
Download SpiderMonkey 1.11.0
Version 1.10.0 released 1 September 2009
- Ability to navigate to URLs in reference parts of type anyURI
- Automatic notification of new SpiderMonkey releases
- Filter bar in Open Repository Taxonomy dialog (SpiderMonkey Enterprise only)
- Improved UI navigation with Tab key
- Control + Page Up/Down switches between editors, Alt + Page Up/Down moves between editor tabs
Download SpiderMonkey 1.10.0
Version 1.9.0 released 17 July 2009
- Support for simple typed dimensions.
- Full editing support for Managed DTS Blocks (SpiderMonkey Professional and Enterprise only)
Download SpiderMonkey 1.9.0