The latest version of SpiderMonkey is 2.36.0 released on 28 July 2017. Key changes in this release are:
- Added the ability to specify a file that applies overrides to generated validation issues.
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.13.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Added support for tagged constraint sets in Table Linkbase tables (Table Linkbase licence only).
- The dialog to select an entry point when opening a taxonomy package can now be filtered and sorted.
- There was no 2.34.0 or 2.35.0 release for SpiderMonkey.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.36.0
Version 2.33.0 released 4 April 2017
- Final releases of the US GAAP 2017 and SEC 2017 taxonomies are now bundled with SpiderMonkey.
- There was no 2.32.0 release for SpiderMonkey.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.33.0
Version 2.31.0 released 2 December 2016
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.23.0 (XII Formula licence only). This adds support for Match Filters 1.0 (Recommendation 22 June 2009 with errata corrections to 28 May 2014), including the 'matchAny' attribute that was added in the errata.
- Updated the Sphinx Validation Module to version 2.5.1 (Sphinx licence only). This relaxes validation to only require that the left hand side of a formula must evaluate to an item at runtime. This allows the use of a global variable as the left hand side provided that it meets that requirement. Previously, using a global variable resulted in a compile error.
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.11.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Added a Show RC Labels button to the Instance Contents view, visible whenever Table Linkbase tables are listed in the view. When this option is switched on, SpiderMonkey displays Table Linkbase tables under their RC codes instead of with their standard labels.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.31.0
Version 2.30.0 released 27 October 2016
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.22.1 (XII Formula licence only). This includes memory optimisations and a fix for a bug where assertion evaluations could be missed in cases where not all the variables in a variable set have the same covered aspects.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.30.0
Version 2.29.1 released 31 August 2016
- Fixed bug where SpiderMonkey might log unexpected application errors after upgrading from 2.28.0.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.29.1
Version 2.29.0 released 26 August 2016
- Introduced support for creating and editing extensible enumerations based on the Extensible Enumerations 1.0 specification (Recommendation 30 October 2014).
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.20.0 (XII Formula licence only). This adds support for the Assertion Severity 1.0 specification (Recommendation 19 April 2016).
- The schemas and linkbase defined in the Extensible Enumerations 1.0 and Assertion Severity 1.0 specifications are now built into SpiderMonkey.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.29.0
Version 2.28.0 released 1 August 2016
- Introduced support for Inline XBRL documents using the XII Transformation Rules Registry 3 and the transformations defined by the SEC in the EDGAR Filer Manual v37.
- SpiderMonkey will now open Inline XBRL documents that use unsupported transformations, reporting non-fatal errors.
- Improved performance of the Inline XBRL browser on initial loading of an instance and when switching between the browser and other instance tables.
- Large text blocks are truncated in the text tab of the fact inspector in order to avoid poor performance. The HTML tab is rendered in full.
- Fixed a bug where the iXBRL browser would unnecessarily scroll when toggling fact highlighting.
- Updated the Sphinx Validation Module to version 2.5.0 (Sphinx licence only).
- There was no 2.27.0 release for SpiderMonkey.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.28.0
Version 2.26.0 released 4 July 2016
- Introduced support for viewing instance tables in right-to-left mode.
- Added support for displaying values denominated in the Israeli new shekel.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.26.0
Version 2.25.0 released 22 June 2016
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.20.0 (XII Formula licence only). This includes bug fixes and memory optimizations in the underlying XPath processor.
- SpiderMonkey can now open and install taxonomy packages based on the 2016-04-19 Recommendation specification.
- There was no 2.24.0 release for SpiderMonkey.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.25.0
Version 2.23.0 released 1 April 2016
- Final releases of the US GAAP 2016 and SEC 2016 taxonomies are now bundled with SpiderMonkey.
- Updated the Sphinx Validation Module to version 2.4.0 (Sphinx licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.23.0
Version 2.22.0 released 29 January 2016
- Updated the bundled taxonomies to include draft US GAAP 2016 and SEC 2016 taxonomies. At the time of writing, these taxonomies are not yet accepted by the SEC.
- Updated True North Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.10. This improves the expansion of open nodes to eliminate more unwanted empty rows from the resulting tables. Note that this may result in minor differences to the order of the expanded nodes.
- SpiderMonkey can now open and install taxonomy packages based on the 2015-12-09 Proposed Recommendation specification.
- Fix NullPointerException when opening a taxonomy package with no catalog. This bug affected taxonomy packages based on the 2015-01-14 Public Working Draft specification or later.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.22.0
Version 2.21.0 released 18 December 2015
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.18.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Added support for the xfi:concept-label function from the XBRL Functions Registry.
- Added support for the Assertion Severities Specification (Proposed Recommendation 18 November 2015). This allows the severity of an xbrl.xiif.AssertionUnsatisfied issue to be specified in the Formula linkbase.
- The fact-typed-dimension-value function is now supported for all simple-typed typed dimensions in RESTRICTED_NAVIGATION mode. Previously this was only supported for xs:string. This allows the Solvency II 2.0.1 taxonomy to be used in RESTRICTED_NAVIGATION mode.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.21.0
Version 2.20.0 released 27 November 2015
- Added the ability to cancel operations that rearrange large instance tables.
- Instance tables can now be exported in Excel 2007 .xlsx format as well as the older Excel 97-2003 .xls format. The newer format is the default.
- The XII Formula duplicate handling option "Allow duplicates only if they differ by language" has been replaced by "Allow duplicates arising due to common taxonomy architecture decisions". This allows duplicates that differ by language, and also those that are children of the same tuple (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.17.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated True North Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.9.1.
- The LRR 2014 taxonomy is now built into SpiderMonkey. It was previously bundled as a taxonomy package.
- Fixed UnsatisfiableDependenciesException when exporting an instance table using "Export as Shown" on the table's context menu.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.20.0
Version 2.19.1 released 9 October 2015
- Fixed bug where exporting Instance Tables to Excel used too many different cell formats. This fixes an error when opening the Excel file in Microsoft Excel and improves the performance of opening the document.
- Updated the XII Formula processor to version 1.16.1. This fixes two issues affecting use of the Solvency II 2.0.1 CR taxonomy when the XII Formula "XPath Navigation Mode" is set to "Restricted Mode" (XII Formula licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.19.1
Version 2.19.0 released 4 September 2015
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.16.1 (XII Formula licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.19.0
Version 2.18.1 released 13 August 2015
- Fixed bug where SpiderMonkey exported Sphinx rules with the wrong version number (Sphinx licence only).
- Ignore remappings that conflict only with internal remappings when opening taxonomy packages.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.18.1
Version 2.18.0 released 5 August 2015
- SpiderMonkey can now open and install taxonomy packages based on the 2015-01-14 Public Working Draft specification.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.16.0 (XII Formula licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.18.0
Version 2.17.3 released 10 June 2015
- Improved responsiveness of tables with large vertically spanning cells.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.15.3. This fixes an error where a consistency assertion error was incorrectly raised when a negative value was used with a proportional acceptance radius. (XII Formula licence only).
- There was no 2.17.2 release for SpiderMonkey.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.17.3
Version 2.17.1 released 22 April 2015
- Fixed bug where SpiderMonkey exported Sphinx rules with the wrong version number (Sphinx licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.17.1
Version 2.17.0 released 17 April 2015
- The iXBRL browser now indicates when text in iXBRL 1.1 documents is surrounded by multiple nested fact or footnote tags. When the selected element lies inside more than one fact, the dropdown in the Fact Inspector can be used to switch between them. Parts of the browser's context menu have been moved to a new global Fact menu, which acts on the fact currently displayed in the Fact Inspector.
- Continuations in iXBRL 1.1 documents are now highlighted in the iXBRL browser. Selecting a continuation is equivalent to selecting the fact or footnote it continues.
- XBRL references can now be included in reports.
- Final releases of the US GAAP 2015 and SEC 2015 taxonomies are now bundled with SpiderMonkey.
- The iXBRL browser supports copying text using the toolbar or context menu.
- Improved the rendering of instance tables on retina-class displays in Windows.
- SpiderMonkey now understands that XII Formula error codes can contain dots, and no longer puts the first part of the code in the Error Type column.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.17.0
Version 2.16.0 released 23 January 2015
- Introduced support for the Extensible Enumerations specification. Both the Proposed Recommendation (26 March 2014) and Recommendation (29 October 2014) are supported. The Extensible Enumeration schemas are now built in to SpiderMonkey, so the use of taxonomy packages containing them is unnecessary. The validation is enabled by default, but can be disabled in the preferences.
- Updated the bundled taxonomies to include draft US GAAP 2015 and SEC 2015 taxonomies. At the time of writing, these taxonomies are not yet accepted by the SEC.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.15.2 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated the Sphinx Validation Module to version 2.2.0 (Sphinx licence only).
- Sphinx now supports index-based lookups to lists (Sphinx licence only).
- Added a "duplicates" property to allow access to duplicate items (Sphinx licence only).
- Added an "attribute" property to allow access to item attributes (Sphinx licence only).
- Improved Sphinx rules performance for larger instances. Processing time is reduced by 15% or more with a similar reduction in memory usage (Sphinx licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.16.0
Version 2.15.0 released 28 November 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.15.0 (XII Formula licence only). This provides performance improvements resulting in savings of approximately 10% of heap used by the XII Formula processor for large instances, and up to 20% of time spent processing XII Formula for large instances where heap space is a limiting factor.
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.7.0 (Table Linkbase licence only). This provides performance improvements resulting in a time saving of up to 50% when opening Table Linkbase tables once the instance has loaded.
- Pool more content when loading documents, resulting in a saving of up to 8% of heap size.
- Reverted to the SpiderMonkey 2.12.0 handling of dimensional tables. The main tables in the Instance Contents view are no longer split by their facts' reported dimensions. The smaller tables are available as children of the main tables and can be useful when the main table is large or sparse. Only the main tables are used when grouping facts in Reports. Tables previously labelled "no breakdown" are now labelled "No Dimensions".
- When exporting instance tables to HTML or Excel, all facts for a table can now be exported in one operation using "Export Entire Table". The table is repeated as necessary to show the values for fixed dimensions and the Z-axis of table linkbase tables that are not shown on screen at the time. The "Export as Shown" right-click option exports only the arrangement visible in SpiderMonkey.
- Dimensionally invalid cells in grids are given a grey background.
- All empty data cells in grids have explanatory tooltips.
- The schemas for Extensible Enumerations 1.0 PR and REC are now built into SpiderMonkey.
- Fixed bug where, when deselecting a row in a tree or table linked with an editor, the editor would display the deselected row. It now displays the first selected row instead.
- In file dialogs, the All Files filter now matches filenames that do not contain dots.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.15.0
Version 2.14.1 released 9 September 2014
- Added version qualifier to com.corefiling.woodstox plugin to prevent errors during upgrade.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.14.1
Version 2.14.0 released 5 September 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.14.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.6.0. This contains performance improvements that reduce the time taken to open instances with table linkbases in SpiderMonkey, resulting in a typical saving of 10-15 seconds for moderately-sized (50-100M) CRD IV and Solvency II instances, with larger savings for larger instances. (Table Linkbase licence only)
- SpiderMonkey now caches the Saxon schema model in its workspace the first time an instance that references a particular taxonomy is opened. With both XII Formula and Table Linkbase enabled, this results in a typical saving for Solvency II instances of up to 20 seconds of load time when opening the first instance and up to 40 seconds when opening subsequent instances that use the same taxonomy. Similar savings are seen for CRD IV instances.
- Added a "Footnotes" column to the available columns for fact-based reports.
- Using Show In > View Source from the context menu of the Fact Inspector when inspecting duplicate facts now places the cursor at the location of the fact selected in the dropdown list.
- Taxonomy validation results are now cached in the workspace on a per-taxonomy basis, meaning that the validation is no longer performed anew when subsequent instances are opened that use the same taxonomy.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.14.0
Version 2.13.0 released 28 July 2014
- Introduced the ability to generate sample instance documents from an open taxonomy. (Instance Creation and Editing licence only)
- Initial support for editing instance documents. Fact values can be edited in the grid and Fact Inspector. (Instance Creation and Editing licence only)
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.4.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Unsaved changes are now indicated with a "*" in the application title.
- XII Formula validation is now able to load documents via XPath. This can be disabled using the "Enable XPath document loading" option under Validation > XII Formula in the preferences.
- Fixed issue where "Facts with Relationship Tree" reports could include repeated information as they unintentionally took into account the tables in presentation mode which could be split by dimensions used.
- Improvements to display of headers in the grid.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.13.0
Version 2.12.2 released 16 June 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.13.0.
- Added support for the 2011-10-24 errata edition of the Generic Labels specification. Previous versions of SpiderMonkey supported the 2009-06-22 version of this specification and would raise xbrl.gnl.xbrlgene:violatedCyclesConstraint error with the 2.1.0 version of the CRD IV taxonomy. Additional validation is also performed and error xbrl.gnl.NoXMLLangAttributeOnGenericLabel is now raised for generic label elements without an xml:lang attribute.
- Introduced a new option to configure the behaviour of XII Formula validation when encountering duplicate facts. Duplicate facts are not XBRL invalid but are typically considered to be reporting errors, except in the case where they are string facts differentiated by language. They can lead to extremely poor performance in evaluation and confusing validation results. SpiderMonkey's default behaviour has changed to only allow processing a formula or assertion involving duplicate facts if they differ in language. The previous behaviour can be restored using the "Duplicate Handling" option under Validation > XII Formula in the preferences.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.12.2
Version 2.12.1 released 20 June 2014
- Added US GAAP 2014 and and associated SEC taxonomies and no longer bundle US GAAP 2012.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.12.3. This fixes a bug affecting the default "Restricted Navigation" mode whereby XPath expressions referencing custom attributes on facts might evaluate incorrectly. For these attributes the data type was not available, so tests on the attribute value could return the wrong result. Where possible the data type is now correctly applied. In some situations this is not possible and in these cases the RetrictedXPathNavigation error is now raised. The issue has existed since "Restricted Navigation" mode was introduced in Magnify 2.10.0. For Eurofiling taxonomies, this bug caused misinterpretation of preconditions when the optional find:filed attribute was used on find:filingIndicator items, causing formula validation to be bypassed. The issue did not affect "Full" XPath mode.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.12.1
Version 2.12.0 released 13 June 2014
- Labels with the role "http://www.eurofiling.info/xbrl/role/rc-code" are now shown in table linkbase tables in an extra row/column. This can be disabled using the new "Display RC Labels" preference on the Table Linkbase preference page.
- There are now two Table Linkbase modes: "Table Linkbase" which now shows only tables with Eurofiling filing indicators (including them even if empty) and "Table Linkbase (all tables)" which shows all tables regardless of filing indicators and including any empty tables. If no filing indicators are used in an instance then all non-empty tables are shown in "Table Linkbase" mode.
- Facts that are not in any Table Linkbase table are now shown in separate "Items" tables in the Instance Contents view.
- Table Linkbase renderings have been improved to use L-shaped cells for roll-up nodes and avoid repeating heading label text.
- The generic parent-child arcrole "http://www.xbrl.org/2013/arcrole/parent-child" is now supported for determining the hierarchy of Table Linkbase tables shown in the Instance Contents view. SpiderMonkey continues to use the Eurofiling group-table arcrole if present.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.12.0
Version 2.11.2 released 30 May 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.12.2. This fixes a bug introduced in 1.9.0 of the XII Formula processor which was first included with SpiderMonkey in version 2.9.0. Too many evaluations were performed when implicit filtering was on and an explicit dimension filter that defined a filter-member network was attached to a variable set using a variable-set-filter relationship. It can manifest as spurious errors when processing recent Full Scope drafts of the Solvency II taxonomy but not the CRD-IV taxonomy. (XII Formula licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.11.2
Version 2.11.1 released 23 May 2014
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.12.1. This improves performance in "Restricted Navigation" XPath processing mode for instances containing a large number of namespace declarations. In some cases processing time has been reduced by over 75%. For these inputs processing in restricted XPath mode was previously slower than in Full XPath processing mode. Now these, and all other known inputs, are processed faster in restricted XPath mode. (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase Processor to version 1.3.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.11.1
Version 2.11.0 released 2 May 2014
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 1.2.2 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- SpiderMonkey now ships with Java 8.
- Where possible, labels are used when displaying QName fact values.
- Improved performance of DTS Files view for taxonomies containing thousands of files.
- When opening a Table Linkbase table with a Z-axis and choosing a slice to display, SpiderMonkey now chooses a slice that contains some facts instead of always choosing the first slice.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.11.0
Version 2.10.1 released 26 March 2014
- Updated the Table Linkbase processor to version 1.2.0. This release adds support for the 2014-03-18 recommendation of the Table Linkbase 1.0 specification and includes further performance improvements.
- Updated default value for XBRL Formula message limits to 1000 overall and 100 per assertion.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.10.1
Version 2.10.0 released 21 March 2014
- Introduced new preferences to control the number of XBRL Formula messages returned from validation. The default is now a maximum of 50 XBRL Formula messages overall and 50 from any one assertion.
- Introduced preferences for whitelist and blacklist files that can be used to limit the XBRL Formula assertions that are performed.
- Introduced the ability to configure the XPath navigation mode used for XBRL Formula validation. The default mode now restricts the XPath navigation that can be performed. This offers performance improvements for some documents.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.11.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 1.1.0. This release significantly improves the performance of processing large instance documents. (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Fix NullPointerException when collapsing multiple tree nodes in certain circumstances.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.10.0
Version 2.9.0 released 21 February 2014
- Values of particular facts (configurable with a system property) are now used as friendly names for instances in the Report Results view, and optionally in window title bars.
- When a taxonomy organises Table Linkbase tables into a tree using the arcrole http://www.eurofiling.info/xbrl/arcrole/group-table and the standard role, this tree is visible in the Instance Contents view (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Significantly improved speed and memory use when opening some very large instances. For some instances, the required heap was reduced by over 40% and opening time was halved.
- Reduced the time taken to open some large tables by approximately 90%.
- SpiderMonkey is now built on Eclipse 3.8.2.
- SpiderMonkey now supports the 2013-11-18 recommendation (REC) of Inline XBRL 1.1. The 2013-05-31 public working draft (PWD) is no longer supported.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.9.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 1.0.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- The Group selection component in the Relationships view has been overhauled to work better with taxonomies that use thousands of groups.
- Added a menu item to the Fact Inspector which shows or hides defaulted dimensions.
- When revealing a fact in a non-Table Linkbase table where one or more dimensions are fixed to members that do not match the fact, SpiderMonkey no longer unfixes those dimensions but instead fixes them to members that match the fact. This matches the behaviour of Table Linkbase tables.
- Added preference to enable custom assertion messages in XII Formula validation (XII Formula licence only).
- Added the arcrole http://www.xbrl.org/2013/arcrole/parent-child to the bundled XBRL LRR taxonomy package.
- Fixed bug in the Windows installer where installation would continue after the Cancel button was pressed.
- Fixed bug where new windows did not properly inherit the layout of other windows.
- Fixed exception thrown when double-clicking on a resource element in the Tree Locations tab.
- Fixed bug where cached validation results were lost on restarting SpiderMonkey, leading to taxonomies being revalidated unnecessarily.
- Remove the limit on heap size in 64-bit builds.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.9.0
Version 2.8.0 released 20 December 2013
- Introduced new "Multi-Document" licence component, which gives access to new features for working more easily with multiple open documents.
- Added the option to run a Facts or Facts by Table report against all open documents simultaneously (Multi-Document licence only).
- Introduced new "Filters" tab in report editors. This allows a report's results to be restricted to a list of named concepts.
- Added the ability to organise report results into columns by criteria other than Period.
- It is now possible to select multiple documents at once when using the Browse button in the Open dialog. Each document selected in this way is opened in a separate window.
- The XBRL Units Registry (UTR) v1.0 now has Recommendation status.
- Fixed exception thrown by SpiderMonkey 2.7.0 when running a report last saved by any older version of SpiderMonkey.
- Fixed bug in the Relationships view where pasting a tree structure that contained the same concept twice would paste its children twice. Note that this means that when pasting a tree structure where a concept appears twice under the same parent and the relationships from parent to child are equal except for their order attributes, the child will now be pasted only once. This bug was introduced in SpiderMonkey 1.21.0.
- Fixed bug where double-clicking on a fact in an Inline XBRL browser view would open the Fact Inspector but fail to display the fact. This bug was introduced in SpiderMonkey 2.6.0.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.8.0
Version 2.7.0 released 22 November 2013
- When dimensions are fixed or moved to another axis in a table defined in a table linkbase, SpiderMonkey now remembers the table's state for next time it is opened (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.11.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- The Columns tab in editors for fact-based reports has been redesigned to make room for future enhancements.
- Fixed bug where SpiderMonkey needlessly prevented users from having two entry points from the same taxonomy package open at the same time.
- Fixed bug where reloading an instance after making external changes sometimes caused SpiderMonkey to lock up.
- Extremely long strings in tables are no longer displayed as blanks.
- Fixed bug where SpiderMonkey ignored files in the repository that had been moved.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.7.0
Version 2.6.0 released 11 October 2013
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.10.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Fixed bug where report results that could have been presented on the same row were split across multiple rows when Dimensions (one per column) and Values by Period were both in use.
- The XBRL UTR taxonomy package is now enabled by default. This change only affects workspaces where the Installed Taxonomies preferences have never been edited.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.6.0
Version 2.5.0 released 2 September 2013
- SpiderMonkey will no longer automatically migrate the user's workspace from the legacy @user.home/spiderMonkey.workspace location used prior to 1.28.0.
- SpiderMonkey is now supported on Windows 8.
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.9.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Substantially improved the speed of opening various documents which require table linkbase processing.
- Upgraded the bundled JRE to 1.6.0_45.
- Improved the speed of saving taxonomies which include many https:// locations in their DTS.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.5.0
Version 2.4.1 released 16 August 2013
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.8.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.8.1 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Table Linkbase validation and instance tables can now be disabled via the preferences dialog (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Fixed exception opening Inline XBRL documents with references to entities declared in the file's doctype.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.4.1
Version 2.4.0 released 19 July 2013
- Introduced support for the 2013-05-31 PWD version of the Inline XBRL 1.1 specification (iXBRL 1.1 licence only).
- Introduced new expanding column "Dimensions (one per column)" for reports. In each results tab, this creates a separate column for each dimension that has a non-default value for at least one result in the tab.
- Updated Table Linkbase processor to version 0.8.0 (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.7.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Speed performance improvement when validating instances with a large number of hypercubes.
- Fixed NullPointerException creating a hypercube. This bug was introduced in SpiderMonkey 2.3.1.
- Fixed bug where fractions were not highlighted correctly in Inline XBRL browser views.
- Fixed bug where unwanted whitespace was displayed around the names of taxonomy package entry points in the File menu and Open dialog.
- Fixed bug introduced in SpiderMonkey 2.0.0 where the Filters preview on the Colors and Fonts preference page did not display correctly.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.4.0
Version 2.3.1 released 14 June 2013
- Fixed bug where the relationship tree and dimensions view were unusably slow when viewing the recent COREP draft taxonomy.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.3.1
Version 2.3.0 released 7 June 2013
- The default for the "Hide square bracket suffixes on labels" has been changed so that these suffixes are visible by default. Users of US GAAP and UK GAAP may wish to enable this preference in the "Instance Presentation" section in order to reduce clutter in labels.
- Introduced support for 2013-05-17 PWD version of the Table Linkbase 1.0 specification. Users with the relevant licence will see a "Table Linkbase" mode as the default in the Instance Contents view. This corresponds to version 0.7.0 of the True North Table Linkbase Processor. (Table Linkbase licence only).
- Introduced new report type "Facts by Table with Relationship Tree". This gives a tab per table, with the facts ordered according as per the "Primary Items" in the table.
- Introduced a right-click menu option "Show Preferred Label Types" in instance grids. When this option is enabled, SpiderMonkey displays the preferred label role in brackets after labels in the grid.
- Fixed members of dimensions are now displayed at the top of the instance grid.
- Added a Location column to the Types view indicating the file containing the type.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.6.0 (XII Formula licence only).
- Fixed bug where taxonomy packages installed in SpiderMonkey did not work correctly when the SpiderMonkey workspace path contained the character "!".
- Fix bug in behaviour of "Values by Period" introduced in SpiderMonkey 2.2.0. This meant that items with explicit dimensions would show as separate rows rather than using the available period columns.
- Fixed bug introduced in SpiderMonkey 2.2.0 where holding down the mouse button while moving the mouse within the grid in certain ways could result in an error dialog.
- Fixed issue where "Facts with Relationship Tree" reports did not use the network order for non-presentation networks.
- Fixed issue where the "Preferred Label Type" column in "Facts with Relationship Tree" reports used a more verbose description of the label role than other types of reports.
- Ensure iXBRL values can be selected for certain classes of documents which use absolute positioning of other elements over the items.
- Prevent the opening of taxonomy packages where the remappings in the package conflict with remappings configured in SpiderMonkey or from other open taxonomy packages.
- Fix NullPointerException creating an extension taxonomy without entering a base taxonomy location.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.3.0
Version 2.2.0 released 29 April 2013
- Introduced new report type "Compound Report". This allows multiple reports to be combined into one, with the results displayed in separate tabs. All the tabs can be exported to a single Excel file.
- Updated bundled taxonomies: Added US GAAP 2013 and and associated SEC taxonomies. At the time of writing, the latest advice from the SEC is that these will be confirmed as final on 2013-05-20. No longer bundle US GAAP 2009 and US GAAP 2011.
- Updated XII Formula processor to version 1.5.1 (XII Formula licence only).
- Concept labels are shown as a tooltip when hovering over concept names in the Sphinx rules editor. (Rules licence only)
- Fixed bug where the "View Item Type" dialog displayed the wrong, or no, namespace for certain types.
- Fixed NullPointerException triggered by DOCTYPE declarations when attempting to load such a file as XBRL.
- Note that support for serialization.js custom serialization has been dropped in this release.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.2.0
Version 2.1.1 released 25 March 2013
- Fixed bug with the licensing for XII Formula (XII Formula licence only).
Download SpiderMonkey 2.1.1
Version 2.1.0 released 15 March 2013
- SpiderMonkey now includes support for validating XBRL instances against the XBRL Units Registry (UTR) v1.0 (Proposed Recommendation). This check is required by EDGAR Filer Manual validation for US GAAP 2012 and later taxonomies.
- Reports displaying values by period can now be sorted by document order.
- Fixes remappings bug affecting users opening more than one taxonomy package at once.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.1.0
Version 2.0.0 released 1 February 2013
- This is the first release in the 2.x release series, and requires a new licence file.
- New Reports menu, providing the ability to define and run custom reports on instances and taxonomies. Reports can be flagged as favourites, for direct access from the Reports menu, and results can be exported to Excel.
- The Sphinx Primer is now available from the Help provided within SpiderMonkey.
- Upgraded Perforce to 2012.2 to fix lock file leak when creating and deleting clients.
Download SpiderMonkey 2.0.0