Efficiently validate and process XBRL documents
Designed for use by regulators and enterprise software developers, True North® is widely regarded as the most reliable XBRL validation and processing engine on the market.
Robust and easy to use
The True North® APIs are not only fault-tolerant and robust, but also simple to understand and easy to use, letting you effortlessly and confidently retrieve the data you need.
A range of versions to suit your needs
True North® is made available as either a Java tool or a web service, so whether you are a software developer, government agency or Fortune 500 company, there is a version to suit you.
- True North XBRL Processor provides validation and processing for low volume XBRL filing systems, produces XBRL data as part of an existing application and offers a way of consuming XBRL data within an existing analysis system. It offers an intuitive Java API as well as a pre-built command line interface.
- True North Enterprise XBRL Processor builds on the stability and reliability of the True North XBRL Processor, but optimised for use in high-load, enterprise XBRL filing systems.
- True North Web Services Processor harnesses the power of the True North Enterprise XBRL Processor to provide XBRL and iXBRL validation and processing through a web services interface, enabling easy integration with all platforms.
Sample True North applications are provided with all versions, along with full documentation to help you get started.
Optional modules and add-ons:
- Edgar Filer Manual – Check filings for regulatory compliance against the published rules
- Quality Checks – Perform additional quality checks on the US GAAP taxonomy
- European Filing Rules Validation Module – Verify compliance with structural rules specified by European regulators such as the EBA and EIOPA
- Versioning processor – Provides a way for taxonomy authors to document the changes between taxonomy versions
- Table Linkbase processor – Full support for the recommended Table Linkbase specification, vital for filing under CRD IV and Solvency II
- True North® iXBRL Processor – Provides a powerful, enterprise-strength tool that validates inline XBRL documents and allows extraction of the underlying XBRL for further processing
True North Connectors
- Our special connectors allow the creation, processing and validation of XBRL in an online context.
- The True North® Forms Connector for Excel produces Excel templates based on the appropriate taxonomy
- The True North® Connectors for CSV and SQL facilitate transformation between XBRL and other commonly used formats.
XBRL validation and processing add-ons
- Sphinx® validation – Create business rules to define and promote compliance.
- XII Formula validation – Process and validate Formula linkbases.